cfexecd, FatalError(), leaves cfagent burning 100% cpu

From: Will Lowe
Subject: cfexecd, FatalError(), leaves cfagent burning 100% cpu
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 19:50:29 -0700

I've got a few machines running 2.1.10.  They're running cfexecd via
cron as "/usr/sbin/cfexecd -F".

There's an error in my config that doesn't appear when I run cfagent
by hand, but does when cfexecd calls it as
"/var/lib/cfengine2/bin/cfagent -Q
smtpserver,smtpfrom,sysadm,fqhost,ipaddress,EmailMaxLines,schedule":

cf:cfengine:foo:/etc/cfengine/debian.conf:193: sysadm undefined variable

The result is that cfexecd calls FatalError and exit()s, leaving
cfagent still running, burning lots of cpu (probably due to writes on
closed pipes). Cfexed should probably kill off the child cfagent
process?

--
                                        thanks,

                                        Will