Orphan files

From: wbmccarty
Subject: Orphan files
Date: 11 Dec 2004 22:10:01 -0800

Hi all,

I'm hardening a Linux configuration by deleting unnecessary users and
groups. Deleting a user or group orphans any files owned by the deleted
user or group. I'd like to change the ownership of any such files to
nobody.nobody. However, it's not clear to me how to accomplish this
using cfengine, other than by running a find command such as "find /
/boot -xdev -nogroup -exec /bin/chgrp nobody {} \;" before deleting the
users and groups. Can anyone suggest a way that's more in line with
cfengine's approach?

Thanks!