Re: import in sequence ?

From: Wil Cooley
Subject: Re: import in sequence ?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 21:43:48 -0700

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 15:15 +0200, Yves wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:33:20 +0200, Francois Vanderpoorte wrote:
> >
> > Action sequence = (import tidy alerts files copy directories
> > editfiles files shellcommands copy shellcommands copy shellcommands
> > tidy )
>
> Please check your actionsequences:
> It's not necessary to put import + alerts in actionsequence and make
> sure there is a whitespace between "(" and the first action.

I hope Mark doesn't mind my complaining too much, but this tripped me up
a number of times and I'm sure gets a lot of people in the beginning:
There's no obvious way to tell what goes in an actionsequence and what
does not.  Yes, it's in the reference guide, but it can be tough to
remember and easy to miss.  I still space out every now and then and try
to put 'alerts' in the actionsequence.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley@nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *