Re: simply, yet elusive import: question

From: nathan r. hruby
Subject: Re: simply, yet elusive import: question
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:54:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Christian Pearce wrote:

Kelly you are prob right, but to answer Nathan's original question, I
would do the following.

Actually, it was editing the files happily.. I'm testing kickstarts so
each time cfagent runs it's got a passle of new files to edit because it's
running on a freshly installed system.

Ditch main.cf.  What is the point?  Just make main.cf your cfagent.conf.
Don't add to the confusion of imports.  Next create a second file that
actually does your service restarts.

Actually it was until yesterday.. I'm trying to break apart my config
before it gets to long to manage easily by breaking them into
os and service config files.  Sadly, I clearly didn't understand how
import: reacts within cfengine's internals.

What finally got everything working was to add the class definition and
import into cfagent.conf before importing main.cf.. much like your
example :)

I guess it's time to go back to the drawing board :)

Thanks!

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free