Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab

From: Dmitry Sazonov
Subject: Re: help with cfexecd/solaris/crontab
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 19:20:55 -0400

in my case cfexecd was dumping core, and AFAIK, cfexecd doesn't do any trust
relationship itself, it just figures out if and when to run cfagent and emails
results.

--
Dmitry Sazonov
UNIX systems admin, AAMC

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 04:26:13PM -0400, Christian Pearce wrote:
>SMC cfengine package dumping core?  I don't believe it ;)

Actually, I have the exact same problem on Solaris 7 (and on 9) having
built the cfengine package, myself... but, it only dumps core on the
first pass while the trust relationship is still being established; once
that takes place, it seems to run without issue... just the initial
client setup includes running cfagent *twice* before adding the cronjob.
I'm willing to (mostly) blame Solaris 7 though... and I've yet to get
Solaris 9 and Solaris 10 binaries packaged.

Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell
russell@loosenut.com

"The ultimate measure of a person is not where he or she stands in
moments of comfort and convenience, but where he or she stands at
times of challenge and controversy."         -- Martin Luther King, Jr.