RE: cfengine and revision control

From: Luke Youngblood
Subject: RE: cfengine and revision control
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:13:30 -0400

Another way you could implement this is:

Make sure your actionsequence has copy before files:

control:

   actionsequence = ( copy files )

copy:

  (copy entire /etc directory here)

files:

   /etc

      owner=root,daemon
      mode=644
      action=fixall

On second thought, that might not help too much, because the files in /etc
have a variety of owners and a variety of file modes.  But, by putting the
copy before the files section in actionsequence, you can ensure that the
files will be copied and the modes fixed all in one cfagent pass.

Regards,

Luke