Re: How to not pass --inform to cfrunCommand

From: Dmitry Sazonov
Subject: Re: How to not pass --inform to cfrunCommand
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:11:16 -0400

Eric Dorland wrote:
Hello,

I have a cfrunCommand to look like this:
cfrunCommand = ( "/usr/sbin/cfexecd -1" )

I prefer using cfexecd so I get the output emailed to me. Unfortunately
(as of 2.1.14 I think), cfexecd does not accept the --inform option. Is
there anyway to not pass that switch? Any other clever workarounds
anyone can think of?

I turn on Inform in the control section.

Inform

           Inform = ( on/off )

This variable switches on the output level whereby cfengine reports changes it makes during a run. Normally only urgent messages or clear errors are printed. Setting Inform to on makes cfengine report on all actions not explicitly cancelled with a `silent' option. To set this output level one writes:
          classes::
Inform = ( on )

cfagent.conf

control: