Newbie help with how to implement update and cfagent.conf files

From: PAUL WILLIAMSON
Subject: Newbie help with how to implement update and cfagent.conf files
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 10:15:48 -0400

If I have a policyt master, can I also treat it as a regular client?

In other words, I'd like to test out my cfengine implementation
by telling the policy host to copy it's update.conf and cfagent.conf
to another location on the same server.  For example, the
update.conf, cfservd.conf and cfagent.conf files are all
stored in /var/cfengine/masterfiles/inputs/ and I want to
have the policy host copy the cfagent.conf file from
there to the "standard" cfagent location of /var/cfengine/inputs
where all my other clients will be storing the cfagent.conf
file.  I just want the policyhost/cfserver to have the same
client configuration as all the others.

Does this make sense?  Hopefully I'll be able to answer these
newbie questions soon...

Thanks,
Paul