Re: Newbie help with how to implement update andcfagent.conffiles

From: Ed Brown
Subject: Re: Newbie help with how to implement update andcfagent.conffiles
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:46:30 -0600

>  I figured
> out that my AllowConnectionsFrom had no closing parenthesis,
> but there was no idication given that there was a problem

cfservd and cfagent both accept '-p' as an argument, to 'parse-only' the
configuration.  Most syntax errors can be caught this way.

I also came across a situation recently, where a missing parenthesis was
not reported as an error.  It didn't prevent cfagent from running (I
don't remember if it caused things to not work right.)

classes:
   foo = ( IPRange(xx.xx.xx.xx/mm) IPRange(yy.yy.yy.yy/nn
IPRange(zz.zz.zz.zz/oo) )

-Ed