Re: Beginner problems

From: R Ransbottom
Subject: Re: Beginner problems
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 16:19:01 -0400

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 09:49:11AM -0400, Christian Pearce wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 09:30 -0400, R Ransbottom wrote:

> > I have followed the thread "cfservd: Private decypt failed = block
> > type
> > is not 02".  Per that thread I've tried clearing and regenerating all
> > my keys but without joy.

> Try again. ;) No seriously I am fairly certain that the cfagent
> contacting your policy server has a an old public key for the policy
> server.  As a result when the policy server uses his private key to
> decrypt it there is a failure since they do not match.

Thanks for the quick encouragement.  One of the comments in the
earlier thread made me think there might be a bug blocking my
way.

Yay, I have a connection.  (I think SkipIdentify was one missing key,
I'll explore that later.)

I trying to follow the examples in the docs; I'm guessing my workdir
should be "/var/lib/cfengine2" on all machines.  This is where the
inputs and ppkeys directory is on Debian.

Despite all the reading I've done I feel uncertain about which files
I should be referring to when.

Be well,
rir