Re: RegEx help

From: Edward F. Brown
Subject: Re: RegEx help
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:46:03 -0700 (MST)

Looking at src/functions.c to try to understand why the 'split' character
would matter with respect to the regex that is passed to RegCmp, it
doesn't look like it happens within the function:

void HandleRegCmp(char *args,char *value)
list = SplitStringAsItemList(argv[1],LISTSEPARATOR);
ret = LocateNextItemMatching(list,argv[0]);

Why is the match affected if a character in the regex is the split
character?  Should it be regarded as a bug?

-Ed