cfservd/cfenvd

From: Erich Weiler
Subject: cfservd/cfenvd
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:17:57 -0800

Hi Ya'll,

I've been beating my head over this for a long time and have no idea what's going on, I was hoping one of you could shed some light on it:

I compiled cfengine version 2.1.19 on Solaris 9, no problems, compiled like a champ. cfagent seems to work with no problems.

However, when I try to run cfservd or cfenvd, they die on me:

% ./cfservd
cfservd: Cfagent aborted on defined class

I have config files set up and everything but it doesn't even get to that point. I tried it with the config files in the path, then wiothout, hoping it would tell me my config file was messed up but I don't think it's even trying to read config files yet. I tried this then:

% ./cfservd --debug

cfservd: Debug mode: running in foreground
AddClassToHeap(any)
AddClassToHeap(cfengine_2_1_19)
Appending [cfengine_2_1_19]
AddClassToHeap(cfengine_2_1)
Appending [cfengine_2_1]
AddClassToHeap(cfengine_2)
Appending [cfengine_2]
GetNameInfo()
WildMatch(-,sunos)
WildMatch(-,sunos)
WildMatch(sunos,sunos)
WildMatch(*,sun4u)
WildMatch(4*,5.9)
WildMatch(ultrix,sunos)
WildMatch(hp-ux,sunos)
WildMatch(aix,sunos)
WildMatch(linux,sunos)
WildMatch(sunos,sunos)
WildMatch(sun4*,sun4u)
WildMatch(5*,5.9)
AddClassToHeap(solaris)
Appending [solaris]
AddClassToHeap(icicle)
Appending [icicle]
AddClassToHeap(icicle)
Domain rejected
AddClassToHeap()
cfservd: Cfagent aborted on defined class

icicle is the name of the host. I think the problem has something to do with the "Domain rejected" line there, but I can't find anything on google about it, no one else seems to have the same problem. Domain entries in the config files are correct, but again I'm not convinced it's even parsing the config files. cfenvd does exactly the same thing when I try to run it.

Any ideas or clues?  Also, cfkey works fine, keys were made.  I'm lost.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

ciao, erich