help-cgicc

Single attributes

From: Quintin Connell
Subject: Single attributes
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:54:07 +0200 (SAST)

A number of HTML attributes only require a name, and not a name = "value" pair.
Notably the selected, checked and readonly tags when dealing with forms. The
current behaviour if you set any of these is to get the following output in your
HTML <input type="text" name="txtBox" value="My Text" readonly="readonly" />.

This appears to work, esp for the checked and selected tags of radio buttons/
check boxes and select options. But I don't think this is quite what was
intended.

The HTMLAttribute class does provide a constructor that accepts one parameter,
but that parameter is mirrored to both the name and the value members. I
propose
a change as follows to the constructor

CGICCNS HTMLAttribute::HTMLAttribute(const STDNS string& name)
  : fName(name),
    fValue()
{}

and hence the render member function can be changed as follows:
void
CGICCNS HTMLAttribute::render(STDNS ostream& out)               const
{
        if (!getValue().empty()) {
                out << getName() << "=\"" << getValue() << "\"";
        }
        else {
                out << getName();
        }
}

Which would then render the attribute as expected.

Quintin