help-cgicc

RE: [help-cgicc] strange errors on Solaris 2.6

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: [help-cgicc] strange errors on Solaris 2.6
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 11:55:43 -0400

It's been awhile since I've used Solaris, but this sounds like a linker
problem.  If I remember, there is an environment variable called
LD_LIBRARY_PATH that the linker checks (at runtime).  If an executable
tries to link to a library not in a system default location, it then
checks the locations specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  I also believe there
is a utility called ldconfig for editing those paths, but don't quote me
on it.  In any case, if you install cgicc in /usr, and set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib, does anything work?  Nevermind the obvious
fact that /usr is surely a system default location that the linker
should be checking...  My $.02

Stephen

Behalf