help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] deploying shared objects in a webserver on linux

From: Alexander J. Oss
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] deploying shared objects in a webserver on linux
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:53:46 -0400

As I understand it, every web server has a different interface to
operating-specific "objects" (such as beans in Java or COM in Windows).
Most Unix OS's have a "shared library" facility, but this is more like the
DLL facility in Windows.  The most common web server on Linux is Apache,
which I believe has very flexible customization ("mods", I think), which can
be created in just about any language.

Hope that helps...