help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Internal Server Error with tutorial

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Internal Server Error with tutorial
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:40:57 -0600

You may be trying to use a regular CGI script as a FastCGI script. Check into that.

Harper Shelby wrote:
I've been trying to get a very basic cgicc application working, and it
failed miserably, constantly issuing "Internal Server Errors". So, I grabbed
the tutorial code from the cgicc web site, compiled it, and got the same
result. The only indication of what's going on is in the Apache log file,
with lines like this:
[Mon Feb 06 10:55:14 2006] [warn] FastCGI: (dynamic) server
"/usr/lib/cgi-bin/lictool.cgi" has failed to remain running for 30 seconds
given 3 attempts, its restart interval has been backed off to 600 seconds

There's no compile time warnings or errors, no linking errors (I've gotten
the same results linking libcgicc.a in statically, or with -lcgicc). This is
a Debian system, using Apache 2.0.54, g++ 3.3, and version 3.2.3-2.1 of the
Debian-packaged cgicc. Any hints/clues/ideas?

Harper Shelby
Spectrum Corporation
+1 713 986 8820
address@hidden