help-cgicc

Re: [help-cgicc] Howto catch that form submitted

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [help-cgicc] Howto catch that form submitted
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:57:51 -0500

Edy Solomon wrote:
Hi all,

I'm newbie on cgicc. I'm doing my first testings. Here is my question:
I use the same cgi for both of printing html form and processing it. How I can catch that form has been submitted? Is there any simple example or
can you give me a couple of lines.

You could test that the request method is POST if your form is submitted by a post request. You could also check to see if certain submitted values exist. Also you could have it submit to a different url or encode some extra data in the PATH_INFO var (myscript/path/info/stuff).

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
matt-land.com