help-emacs-windows

Re: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...

From: John McCabe
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Help: NT Emacs and the SendTo menu behaviour...
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:30:36 +0100

<..snip..>

> > Maybe wrapping runemacs.exe in a bat file with %1 %2 et al. would work,
> > like cquirke suggests below.  But if SendTo does the SHIFT thing as
> > claimed by another person and if it starts a seperate instance for each
> > filename, then that won't work and there may not be anything that can be
> > done under Windows98.  We need more data on how the Win98 SendTo actually
> > operates.

> Then, dare I say it, the ONLY solution would be to use
> gnuserve / gnuclient

> (Hides under desk)

No need to - as I said earlier, if someone can convince me that Win98's
SendTo behaviour is, by design or whatever, different from Win2k and Win95
for no apparent reason and there's nothing in the Windows setup that can be
adjusted to sort this out, then I may consider using gnuserv/gnuclient, but
then, given that I really don't use Emacs a lot at home on my Win98
machine, I may just accept the inconvenience of using SendTo for the first
file then dragging the rest into the now open frame!

Best Regards
John McCabe