help-emacs-windows

Re: [h-e-w] no latin-9 (iso8859-15)?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] no latin-9 (iso8859-15)?
Date: 30 May 2002 20:27:13 +0100

David Starks-Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I've been remiss in upgrading to 21.2 and have only just done so (from
> 20.7).  I notice that there is no latin-iso8859-15 (latin-9) support,
> at least it's not working for me.  Is there some magic I can do to get
> it working?  I am on NT4.

Unfortunately only Windows XP has latin-9 support out of the box.
The latest versions of MS Office also add latin-9 support to the OS,
but I have not seen any sign of MS making this support available
separately.  Basically what is required is CodePage 28605 if you want
to look for it yourself.  Emacs uses it if available, as of 21.1.

--
Jason Rumney