help-emacs-windows

Re: [h-e-w] Scan error with hidden tags

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Scan error with hidden tags
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 02:28:41 +0200

You are right, I digged up the version you are using and the bug is there. It looks like that was fixed in the version I am currently using myself, but have not uploaded yet.

Unfortunately I have not had time to fix all things I wanted before uploading a new version. I hope I can get that time the next week.

Pala-Wan Kenobi wrote:
I've launched emacs with the -Q arg and it doesn't load the .emacs (I know that was the idea). The error keeps happening. Whenever I move the cursor to the beggining of the line it gets stuck there beeping with a Scan error. I'm pretty sure it's a bug cause it only happens in the CVS version. When I try the same in emacs 21.3.1 it works *perfectly*. No scan errors there. But same keystrokes in the CVS I'm using beeps with a scan error. I don't think it is needed but I could 7z pack my emacs dir and send it to you. Anyway, you could download it from http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/EmacsCVS/ptch/Emacs-22-CvsP070523-EmacsW32-1.54.exe (which is the patched version). Or the unpatched version which has the same bug http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/EmacsCVS/unptch/Emacs-22-CvsU070524-EmacsW32-1.54.exe Please let me know if you have more details about what I've found. I will reply asap ;)

2007/7/20, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>>:

    Pala-Wan Kenobi wrote:
     > Let's type this:
     > Then switch to hidden tags mode with C-c <tab>
     > Then C-a to go to the beginning of the line. It says: Scan error:
     > "Containing expression ends prematurely" and beeps like hell ^_^
     > That's all :)

    Thanks for the report, Pala-Wan.

    I can not reproduce the problem. I suspect it is something in your
    startup files, but I am not sure. Could you please try again starting
    Emacs with

        emacs -Q

    and tell what happens then?