help-emacs-windows

Re: Windows 29.1 error - xargs MIA

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows 29.1 error - xargs MIA
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 14:07:23 +0200

> From: Joel Reicher <joel.reicher@gmail.com>
> Cc: alpha.05@gmail.com,  help-emacs-windows@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:01:17 +1100
>
> >> The main thing I miss are the man pages.
> >
> > You need a port of Groff and a man program/clone.
>
> I'm fairly sure the actual pages themselves are missing from the Git for
> Windows environment. If they were there I'd use WoMan.

I thought you meant man pages in general, not just those for Git.  As
for Git man pages, you can find them on any Unix system, and copy them
to Windows.  (But those document Git itself, not the programs that are
present on any Unix system, and the Windows port of Git bundles with
its binary distribution.)

There's also an Info manual for Git, made out of those same
documentation sources.