help-ferret

[help-ferret] Help with installing Ferret on Windows

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [help-ferret] Help with installing Ferret on Windows
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 20:07:18 +0200

Hi.

    I would like to install Ferret for Windows. I downloaded the
    win-gerwin-0.6.tar.gz and uncompressed it with Gzip. I was left
    with a .tar file that I don't know what to do with. Can anyone
    help?

A .tar file is an archive format quite common on unix environments. As
long as i know, any recent version of winzip or winrar for windows
will be able to uncompress a .tgz file.