help-flex

A Query on FLEX

From: Gopalsingh Baran
Subject: A Query on FLEX
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:41:12 -0000

Hi,

I have a query on pattern matching using FLEX. I have not been able to get the
exact email address of the concerned authority.
Could you please send me the correct email address or would be glad if you
could forward this mail to the right contact.

Query:

Consider the following Match Patterns

%%
LETTER  [A-Z]
%%
{LETTER}        {       if( strcmp(yytext, "C") == 0 )
                                return CHAR;
                        if( strcmp(yytext, "L") == 0 )
                                return LEN;
                }
{LETTER}+       {       return SYMB;
                }
%%

In the above case, how can I ensure that when I get the input as "CL" flex
returs 2 tokens CHAR and LEN
and not one token i.e. SYMB.

regards
Gopalsingh Baran