help-flex

flex and non-standard architectures

From: W. L. Estes
Subject: flex and non-standard architectures
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:46:28 -0400

I'm going through the flex tree, getting it ready for automake and
reconciling this shift in world-view with cvs. One thing that I'd like
some input on: in the misc/ subdirectory, there are some files and
directories with suggestions on building flex for various
environments. Most of these seem to be quite old. I cannot vouch for
the usefulness of these files as I have no access to most of the
involved platforms. A number of the suggestions describe steps needed
for very old versions of flex. My first reaction is to remove all
these things and let new information crop up as people write it
in. Does this strike anyone as a bad idea? Why?

Thanks,

--Will