help-flex

Re: shared object libfl?

From: John W. Millaway
Subject: Re: shared object libfl?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 10:30:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Andrew S Halper <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmm. Although rather sketchily documented, it appears I might able to use
> GLib to do this, so maybe having a dynamic libfl is not so much of a
> priority after all

Andrew:

You have been misled by the flex documentation regarding the purpose of libfl.
It is NOT necessary to link a flex scanner to libfl. Flex generates
fully-contained scanners. Libfl merely contains two "default" functions, main()
and yywrap(). If you provide your own yywrap() and main(), then you do not need
to link to libfl. See %option yywrap, and %option main.

-John