help-flex

time in invoking the Lex Yacc parser

From: Ajithkrishnan VP
Subject: time in invoking the Lex Yacc parser
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:45:44 +0530

Hello

In my project I have this requirement of parsing a file, finding strings and
passing it to another process.So when I am using the Lex Yacc parser will it
be more costly to invoke the parser everytime after I have passed the string
to the other process,or to send the string to the other process inside the
parser itself and continue.The issue here is whether invoking the parser a
100 times is more costlier(timewise) than invoking it once and completing
the flow a hundred times inside the parser.And if there is big difference in
time what are the orders of magnitude?

Please reply ASAP

Ajith