help-flex

Re: About C++ and flex

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: About C++ and flex
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 18:33:00 +0100

At 17:20 +0100 2001/11/22, Akim Demaille wrote:
>Did you ever experience weird performance issues with C++?  I know
>Laurent had disastrous performances which suddenly vanished when he
>stopped using -+.  Maybe he recalls what the problem was.

I would not notice it, as the C++/Flex/Bison input codes I use are small,
which I test on short inputs (not large computer PL input files and the
like).

I think though that early C++ compilers were not so efficient, so that
might have produced slow code relative C. If that was the problem, more
recent C++ compilers should not have it.

  Hans Aberg