help-flex

Re: flex snapshot/beta

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: flex snapshot/beta
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 23:17:44 +0100

At 14:28 -0500 2002/03/06, W. L. Estes wrote:
>** flex now generates scanners in c++ which are compatible with
>   recent c++ compilers

The name of the C++ standard is (ANSI+)ISO+IEC+14882-1998 -- in case you
want to write into Flex documentation what it is suppoesed to be compatible
with. :-)

>** flex input scanner now recognizes '\r' as an EOL character

If you have not already made it that way, I think one should be able to
choose if one wants to have EOL to be \n (UNIX), \r (MacOS), \r\n (DOS,
MSOS) or a combination of them (like all three). If the line counting
feature is on and \r\n is admitted as EOL, it should only increment line
numbers by one, not two.

  Hans Aberg