help-flex

installing on AIX 4.3.3

From: Luis Alberto Orozco
Subject: installing on AIX 4.3.3
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:30:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi there

i guess you are pretty busy but i hope you can help
me. I'm no unix guru, just a webdesigner, with some
knowledge of programing. The issue is this: i'm trying
to install jpg2swf on my aix server. for that, i need
ming, to compile ming i need flex. So i got flex and
i'm trying to install it on my server, which has AIX
4.3.3.

I cant get the configure script to run:

when i write './configure' this is the error: ksh:
./configure:  not found.

when i write 'csh configure' this is the error:
^M: Command not found.
^M: Command not found.
ac_help=^M: Command not found.
ac_default_prefix=/usr/local^M: Command not found.
^M: Command not found.
build=NONE^M: Command not found.
cache_file=./config.cache^M: Command not found.
exec_prefix=NONE^M: Command not found.
host=NONE^M: Command not found.
no_create=^M: Command not found.
nonopt=NONE^M: Command not found.
no_recursion=^M: Command not found.
prefix=NONE^M: Command not found.
program_prefix=NONE^M: Command not found.
program_suffix=NONE^M: Command not found.
program_transform_name=s,x,x,^M: Command not found.
silent=^M: Command not found.
site=^M: Command not found.
srcdir=^M: Command not found.
target=NONE^M: Command not found.
verbose=^M: Command not found.
x_includes=NONE^M: Command not found.
x_libraries=NONE^M: Command not found.
^M: Command not found.
subdirs=^M: Command not found.
^M: Command not found.
ac_prev=^M: Command not found.
for: Command not found.
do^M: Command not found.
^M: Command not found.
ac_prev: Undefined variable.

when i write 'sh configure' this is the error:

configure[2]: ^M:  not found.
configure[9]: ^M:  not found.
configure[14]: ^M:  not found.
configure[36]: ^M:  not found.
configure[39]: ^M:  not found.
' is not expected.3-057 Syntax error at line 43 : `do

I dont know what do i got to do, and i hope you can
help me giving me some guidelines of what's going on.

I thank you in advance for all help you can provide
me.

Regards,

Luis Orozco