help-flex

Re: Latest Flex 2.6 code & doc

From: John Millaway
Subject: Re: Latest Flex 2.6 code & doc
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 15:04:27 -0500 (EST)

> I understand from John Millaway that the code for Flex 2.6 is
> complete. Is there a version I can use to test? I am particularly
> interested in the "%option reentrant-bison" and yyextra
> capabilities. I am building a reentrant parser using flex/bison and
> need to pass an additional parameter from yyparse() to yylex().
> Also, a draft copy of the documentation would be helpful as well. I
> am currently using Flex 2.5.25.

2.6 is not complete. The current is version 2.5.25. You can download
  it here: ftp://ftp.uncg.edu/people/wlestes/
  Full texinfo docs can be found in the distribution, including a
  chapter on the flex-bison pair.

  However, I understand that a new version of bison has been released
  which may break our little YYSTYPE trick.