help-flex

Changes in flex to be able to use newer versions of gcc

From: ruud . mulder
Subject: Changes in flex to be able to use newer versions of gcc
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:08:46 +0200

Dear people,

I am using flex++ and found that I could not compile the generated sources
with newer versions of gcc. I found a solution to this on the internet that
mainly has to do with stricter declarations/use of namspaces. I saw that
flex is no longer considered gnu software, but not why this is so.
Is it possible to send the changed sources (I also changed the version
number to 2.5.4b) to incorporate them in the official release?

Kind regards,
Ruud Mulder
RAF 4.38
tel: +31-40-2304458