help-flex

mermoy buffer as input to flex

From: Basavaraj Kodgalli
Subject: mermoy buffer as input to flex
Date: 23 Aug 2004 13:30:51 -0000

Hello Group

I am little stuck in flex, let me know if you can pull me out of this problem.
Just to give u what I am doing, I am writing a thread-safe parser to parse some
SQL command line commands (which means no global variables. OK?) and i am using
flex v2.5.4

Ok now I want to pass memory buffer as the input to flex instead of FILE
without using any global variable. That means I should pass it as argument
right?

But How???????

I know by redefining YY_INPUT we can make the buffer to be input, if go with
this implementation the buffer should be a global variable. Because function
“static int yy_get_next_buffer()” is the function which uses the macro YY_INPUT
which unfortunately does not takes any arguments. So how can I achieve my
objective?

Any light on this folks?

does %option reentrant does makes any magic here?
does %option reentrant works with flex v2.5.4

Let me know if you need any more idea.

Thanks,
BAS

A winner is not one who never fails, but one who NEVER QUITS and believe in
himself!