help-flex

flex without heap

From: Jojo
Subject: flex without heap
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:32:03 +0200

Hello NG,
I need a scanner for my microcontroller. The controller gets a message (not longer than 160 chars; for example "var1=34.343;var2="test";var3=6") then the mc shoud scan the message, do something and send an answer back. My Problem is that flex uses the Heap for buffers. Because of less space and memory leak problems that could occur I´m not really happy with that. Is there a way to do this without malloc/heap? Perhaps there is another scanner who supports that.

Thanks a lot,
Joachim