help-flex

Reentrant Bison and Flex-2.5.4

From: avishekchowdhury
Subject: Reentrant Bison and Flex-2.5.4
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 20:29:47 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
I'm trying to make a reentrant decoder for SIP messages
using flex and bison on Linux/Windows. I went through the
manuals for both bison and flex. Bison manual discusses the
pure-parser, that is, a reentrant parser and suggests ways
of doing it. I'm able to obtain a reentrant parser in which
the global communication variables (yylval and yylloc) are
local to yyparse.
But when I'm trying to compile the generated C code from
flex with the generated reentrant C code of bison, I'm
getting compilation errors saying
"yylval undeclared in lex.yy.c" and "yylloc undeclared in
lex.yy.c".

I'm using Flex-2.5.4 which doesn't generate a reentrant
scanner. I know that Flex-2.5.31 supports reentrant scanners
but how do I compile with the bison?
Also, is there any way of compiling Flex-2.5.4 with the
existing reentrant bison?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Avishek.
this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)and may
contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender or address@hidden