help-gift

[help-GIFT] Re: GIFT Could not find Session Error

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: [help-GIFT] Re: GIFT Could not find Session Error
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:47:59 +0100

On Thursday 04 March 2004 08:14, Seventeen wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang Müller ,
Dear Seventeen,
> I'll try to find some time to do what you've told me.
> But I find a serious bug on the new version (from cvs) of GIFT.
That's great.
> Even the linux version had the same error. (The previous version which I
> cliam success is the old 0.1.9, I forget to set the path to new cvs gift.)

I think this is very difficult to spot without the gift-log.mrml and the
screen output of the complete exchange. Could you send it to the list or make
it available on a website and post the link?

In any case, don't expect an answer from me quickly, as I won't be there the
next few days.

> <mrml  just-for-test="and-of-course-for-fun" session-id="nothing" >
>     <cui-time-stamp  calendar-time="Thu Mar  4 14:25:13 2004
> " />
>     <error  message="Could not process query: unknown session
> (ID:nothing)." />
>     <cui-time-stamp  calendar-time="Thu Mar  4 14:25:13 2004
> " />
> </mrml>

This looks correct: you have the session-id "nothing" and now the big question
is if you opened a session named "nothing" before trying to run your query. I
doubt that. The perl errors indicate that when trying to open the session the
session-id is not recognized. That could be easily seen when knowing what
GIFT sent out to the client.

I hope this helps, and thanks for debugging,
Cheers,
Wolfgang