help-global

Re: Global not working

From: Shigio Yamaguchi
Subject: Re: Global not working
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:01:25 +0900

Hello,
> I just installed global v4.6 on my mandrake 9.1 system
> (first-time global user).
> My problem is that global is not working:
> When I type 'gtags' in a project directory I get no
> error messages but the files GTAGS and GRTAGS are empty
> (while GPATH and GSYMS have the same size).

It seems a configuration problem in Linux.
Would you please take following workaround?

% ./configure                   # execute configure
% vi config.h                   # edit config.h (generated by configure)

        +----------------------------------------------------

        +----------------------------------------------------
        |/* Define if your struct dirent has dp_d_namlen. */
        |/* #define HAVE_DP_D_NAMLEN 0 */               <- encomment
        |
        |/* Define if your struct dirent has dp_d_type. */
        |/* #define HAVE_DP_D_TYPE 0 */                 <- encomment

% make
# make install

I will fix this problem in the next release.
Good luck!
--
Shigio Yamaguchi <address@hidden> - Tama Communications Corporation
Spare mail address: <address@hidden>