help-global

Re: buffer overflow with gtags

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: buffer overflow with gtags
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:32:26 +0900

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 21:35:59 -0700
"ryan kulla" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm having a problem running gtags on a directory. It keeps saying:
>      "input buffer overflow, can't enlarge buffer because scanner uses REJECT"
>      "gtags: command failed in xargs_read()."
>
> I have tried running it as:
>      gtags.exe (in windows)
>      gtags  (in linux)
>      gtags -v (says it was able to extract tags from 533 files before dying)
>      gtags -n 255
>      gtags -f file_full_of_php_paths_only.txt
>
> and all of the above commands crashed the same way.

Hi,
The parser of gtags seems to have terminated abnormally.
It seems that a certain source code is not treatable, and
it brings input buffer overflow of flex.
If you use the default parser, it is a bug of gtags-parser(1).

You should apply the parser directly to your source files,
and find which file and which code cause of the error.
If you show the source code here, there might be a person
who show the solution.

Luck is wished.