help-global

Re: C# support

From: Kevin Darby
Subject: Re: C# support
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:36:45 -0500

Could you send me an example gtags.conf that would make this happen?  I won't be able to port to windows otherwise....

Thanks.

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM, Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
You can use Exuberant Ctags as a parser of GLOBAL.
Exuberant Ctags supports C#.
However I don't know whether or not it works in Windows.

Please see the A6 of the FAQ. I show it below.

Q6. How to use ctags as a parser of GLOBAL?
A6. If you have already installed Exuberant Ctags in your system,
    Please do the following:

        [Installation of GLOBAL]

        It assumed that ctags command is installed in '/usr/local/bin'.

        $ ./configure --with-exuberant-ctags=/usr/local/bin/ctags
        $ make
        $ sudo make install

        [Executing of gtags]

        It assumed that GLOBAL is installed in '/usr/local' which is the default.

        $ export GTAGSCONF=/usr/local/share/gtags/gtags.conf
        $ export GTAGSLABEL=ctags
        $ gtags                         # invokes Exuberant Ctags internally

    This means that GLOBAL already supports 41 programming languages
    supported by Exuberant Ctags.

--
Shigio YAMAGUCHI <address@hidden>
PGP fingerprint: D1CB 0B89 B346 4AB6 5663  C4B6 3CA5 BBB3 57BE DDA3