help-global

Re: Gtags does not find extern functions in header files (e.g., stdio.h)

From: Shigio YAMAGUCHI
Subject: Re: Gtags does not find extern functions in header files (e.g., stdio.h)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 21:42:47 +0900

Hello,
That parser does not regard extern declaration as a definition.
The actual function definition of fprintf is required.
In my FreeBSD, it works well.

$ cd /usr/src/lib                       # library source directory
(includes fprintf)
$ gtags
$ export GTAGSLIBPATH=/usr/src/lib
$ cd /usr/src/usr.bin/ctags             # Anywhere is fine
$ gtags
$ global fprintf
../../lib/libc/stdio/fprintf.c          <= picked up fprintf's definition
$ _

Regards,
Shigio