Re: [Help-glpk] Two capabilities questions

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Two capabilities questions
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 21:21:27 +1100

Andrew,

Some time ago I wrote:

> >2) Is is possible to feed a known but sub-optimal initial feasible
> >   solution into GLPK and have it optimise that? The problem I am
> >   working on has very tight constraints and many LP solvers have
> >   trouble finding an initial feasible solution.
> >
> >3) Following on from 2), what about an initial solution which is close
> >   to being in the feasible set but isn't.

To which you replied:

> You can use API routines glp_simplex1() and glp_simplex2(), which allow
> you to solve LP using an initial basis explicitly specified in LPI. For
> details see the text file 'newapi.txt' included in the package.

I finally got around to looking at this again and I can't figure it out.
I've looked at the file newapi.txt but its still a mystery.

Would it be possible for you to provide an example which supplies the solver
with an intial solution? The program sample.c from the samples/ directory
would be a good start as that is the what I started with to get to where
I am now.

Thanks,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"If dolphins are so smart, why do they live in igloos?" -Eric Cartman