[Help-glpk] Some suggestions to GLPK/L

From: Hua Ni
Subject: [Help-glpk] Some suggestions to GLPK/L
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:35:08 -0700 (PDT)

Following are my suggestions to GLPK/L:
1. numerical set, like mentioned in a previous email.
It would be convienient if we can simply declare
         set S = (1..10000);
How inconvienient if I have to explictly list 10000
items in the set.
2. import data from external sources. Text files would
suffice, though it would be better to use with
database or spreadsheet. Maybe one file for each
parameter.
3. some simple functions would be really convienient.
For example, if I want to find out the maximum value
in a parameter.
4. set operations, like union and intersection.

Hua