Re: [Help-glpk] random data generation

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] random data generation
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:19:05 -0500

ade,

GLPK has no built-in way to generate random data or to plot the
solutions you get; these tasks fall outside of GLPK's scope.

What are your programming skills?  You could generate a GLPK/L input
file with random data using a number of languages including Perl and
C.  If your random data are primarily in the input file in a table,
then you could just use a spreadsheet to generate random values for
the table and then copy and paste them into the GLPK/L file.

For plotting, you will most likely have to gather the data you want to
plot into a single file.  Then you could use gnuplot or a spreadsheet
or a number of other programs.

Good luck,

Brady