Re: [Help-glpk] umalloc: size=8016; no memory available

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] umalloc: size=8016; no memory available
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:11:14 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Marcos Roberto Silva wrote:

> I am trying to convert my model in GNU MathProg to lpt but the error
> output was:
> umalloc: size=8016; no memory available.
>
> The command that I am using is:
> glpsol --math model.mod -d data.dat --wlpt output.lpt --check
>
> I resized my swap partition to 26GB to try to solve the memory problem,
> but the error continues.
> My machine is a Intel Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, OS Linux (Debian)
> Kernel 2.4.25.

With 32-bit pointers, you can only address 4GB,
so most of that 26GB won't help.
To find the amount of memory available use the command "ulimit -d".
The answer will be in KB.
The command "ulimit -H -d" will tell you the upper bound.
If the you are not at the upper bound,
the command "ulimit -d unlimited" would give you the maximum available.

After that, your only options are a smaller model or a larger address space.
Is there a 64-bit linux that will run on a Pentium?

--
Mike   address@hidden
"Our gods are dead.  Ancient Klingon warriors slew them