Re: [Help-glpk] 64-bit with Mac G5

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] 64-bit with Mac G5
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:34:33 +0400

> how can I change the glpk source code to generate the stand alone glpsol
> for my Mac G5 with 64-bit?
> According the Changelog, I need only to define the GLPHUGEMEM preprocessor
> variable in glplib2.c, but I did not found this variable in this file.
> Anyone can help me?

You need to define _GLPLIB_HUGEMEM used in glplib2.c. This only
will prevent umalloc/ucalloc/ufree from checking the available memory
that, by default, is limited by INT_MAX bytes (about 2GB on 32-bit
machines).

Note that *all* integer quantities in Glpk routines are declared
as `int' under the only assumption that sizeof(int) >= 4; so, if you
are able to compile Glpk in such a way that sizeof(int) is 8 (rather
than 4 on 32-bit platforms), no changes/definitions are needed at all.
(May be replacing `int' by `long int' during compilation is a most
natural way to port Glpk on a 64-bit machine, however, I've never
tried that.)

Andrew Makhorin