[Help-glpk] Formulating MCKP with GNU Mathprog

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Help-glpk] Formulating MCKP with GNU Mathprog
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:24:10 +0100

Dear List,

I am trying to formulate a multiple choice knapsack problem. I am stuck at the point where I need to formulate subsets of a given set.

From the archives of this list I have got the idea that you can it like this:

set FOO;
set BAR{FOO};

Am I correct here?

For my multiple choice KP I need to state the s.t. so that at most 1 element of each subset FOO is chosen. How can I do that?

Third, how do I assign data to a parameter weight[i from BAR]?
I assumed that weight[0] := a 1 b 2 ... etc would do it but glpsol complains about weight[0] already been assigned.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sincerely,

Christian Kellermann

P.S.: I am using glpk version 4.8 on a i386 ubuntu linux distribution.