RE: [Help-glpk] Name index discrepancies?

From: Joey Rios
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Name index discrepancies?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:01:45 -0700

>You are mistaken in the fragment:
>/* Print out each column name present in the objective fcn */
>for( j = 1; j <= len; j++)
>   printf("  Row %d Col %d variable %s\n", i, j, glp_get_col_name(bip, ind[j]));
>
>You print j while you should print ind[j].

Thank you for the quick clarification, Andrew... I'll be interested to fix up my code tomorrow (I had a feeling I was doing something silly).

> Btw, if you need to change the objective coefficients

I am not changing objective coeff's.  I just need to examine the objective function in order to see which columns will need to be changed on the next iteration... I am using lpx_set_col_bnds to lock down certain binary variables in between runs.  That seems the most appropriate, yes?

And on the subject of re-solving, I have read several of the help-glpk threads about re-solving, but would like to ask for a little clarification.  If I set a binary variable after obtaining a feasible solution and I know that by setting that variable the prior solution will become infeasible, what is the best way to proceed?  Just call:

glp_simplex(bip, simplex_control_params);
lpx_integer(bip);

as I did before?  Is there anything more efficient/appropriate I can try?

Thanks again for the help, it is much appreciated.

Gear up for Halo® 3 and get a $25 Best Buy gift card. It’s our way of saying thanks for using Windows Live™. Get it now!