[Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK with Visual Studio 2008 C++ Express Edition

From: xypron
Subject: [Help-glpk] Compiling GLPK with Visual Studio 2008 C++ Express Edition
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Andrew,

I tried to compile GLPK with Visual Studio 2008 C++ Express Edition and
Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows 2003 Server R2. It always gave me an
error that libc.lib could not be found.

Visual Studio Express comes without libc.lib. Instead libcmt.lib is
supplied. Hence it is necessary to call cl.exe with /MT. The flag is
described in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3(VS.71).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3(VS.71).aspx

As VC6 is not available anymore but Visual Studio Express and the Windows
SDK are provided for free it might be useul to add appropriate makefiles to
the distribution. In the files in the following archive I have also enabled
the ODBC support as SQL headers are provided by the Windows SDK.
ftp://glpk.dyndns.org/glpk/win32/Build_with_VC2008.tar.gz
ftp://glpk.dyndns.org/glpk/win32/Build_with_VC2008.tar.gz

It would be great if somebody else from the community could confirm that the
provided makefiles work for him/her.

Best regards

Xypron