[Help-glpk] Re: parallelism and glpk

From: Jose Monreal
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: parallelism and glpk
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:42:24 -0300

> It is difficult to say what precisely happens. Could you provide more
> details? In particular, could you determine in which glpk routine the
> error occurs? Please note that glpk is not re-entrant and has no
> synchronization features, so glpk routines must not be called from
> parallel tasks within the same address space.

Sometimes it hungs at SIMPLEX, but I guess because the data given to it its
not the correct, somehow glpk is writing on the address space of the DSM
system.
I know that glpk is not re-entrant. What I do is each node solve a different
transportation problem, each computer runs its own glpk problem, the data is
divided in parallel, but glpk is runned sequentaly.