[Help-glpk] Java interface to GLPK - accessing result values

From: Prof. Hartwig Baumgaertel
Subject: [Help-glpk] Java interface to GLPK - accessing result values
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:13:34 +0100

Hi all,

I plan to use GLPK by a Java application. I'm happy about the SWIG-based
Java API -
many thanks to Xypron.

My application will use a predefined (MIP) model but dynamically created
data. There are
several possibilities to feed the data to the problem object, so far so
good.
(For sake of simplicity I use a data file in my example, too.).

My question is about the step after solving the model. I want to further
use the result
values (values of decision variables after successful model solve) in my
Java application.
I created a solution which avoids files and databases.

I would like to know how you experts look to this approach, and would
appreciate any
suggestions and improvements.

I have no idea if it is trivial, stupid or the intended way to do this.
I also have no idea if there are pitfalls regarding memory usage,
efficiency etc.

Thank you in advance!

Hartwig