[Help-glpk] Too much Memory consumption in GLPK 4.36

From: Satnam Singh
Subject: [Help-glpk] Too much Memory consumption in GLPK 4.36
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:55:32 +0300

Hi,

I am using GLPK 4.36 to solve MIP problem. My problem contains approx. 1700
integer variables. I ran GLPK with a timeout of 1 hour and it provided a
sub-optimal integer solution.

Then I ran the same problem with timeout of 5 hours. but after around 2 hours
of run, it crashed, saying that malloc is un-able to allocate memory. And when
I saw the logs, it consumed around 2 GB memory just before crash.

I suppose that, this is due to a potential memory leak. ( or this is because
the size of the problem is very big so the data structures consumed this much
memory ?)

Thanks.